This past week I read a book by a man named Eric Metaxas In this book he talks about seven men who have done some pretty great things, I will list them as following;
1. George Washington The father of our country and our first president, he could have become king, but declined this powerful position so that he could be a servant to the American people.
2. William Wilberforce Once a crooked politician this man became a Christian, who was a reformer for a better life for man.
3. Eric Liddell A Christian man who used his amazing physical gifts to Glorify God.
4. Dietrich Bonhoeffer A man who was a Christian, Spy, Prophet, and Martyr who helped plan to assassinate Hitler
5. Jackie Robinson Man who was the one to break racial barriers in sports, Instead of fighting he won by not fighting back. 6. Pope John Paul II A person that was given a powerful position unexpectedly, used his position to try to help mend grudges, and try to get people together despite doctrinal differences. 7. Charles W. Colson Man who was involved in the Watergate scandal, became a Christian and served time in jail and started a prison ministry. I really enjoyed the book, and would definitely read it again, aside from racial slurs in Man number 5 it was a really good read.
Blogging about some